Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates
As our communities, nation and world continue to navigate the first-of-our lifetime global pandemic,
Don’t leave your safety to chance. Get informed today.
COVID-19 Vaccine Locations
Find out where you can get vaccinated.
Symptoms and Basics
Know the signs and steps to take if exposed.
How the Virus Spreads
Learn how the virus spreads from person to person.
Information to keep yourself and others healthy
- Authorized Vaccines
- Facemask Usage
Discover current treatment options.
Learn about plan coverage for:
- COVID Vaccines
- OTC COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
- And more
How You Can Help
Learn the steps you can take to help fight the pandemic.
Members: Call the number on the back of your member ID card or email CustomerService@HealthAlliance.org.
Group Plan Administrators: Call Client Support at (800) 851-3379, ext. 28151, or email ClientSupport@HealthAlliance.org.
Providers: Contact your provider relations specialist.
Brokers: Call Broker Services at (877) 917-8489 or email BrokerServices@HealthAlliance.org.
- Illinois has established a COVID-19 hotline, which can be reached at (800) 889-3931 or by email at email@example.com.
- Indiana residents can call the state’s COVID-19 Call Center at (877) 826-0011 (available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week).
- Iowa’s Department of Public Health has established a COVID-19 hotline for Iowans who have questions about the illness. The line is available by calling 2-1-1. Healthcare providers with questions can call (800) 362-2736.
- Ohio residents can call (833) 4-ASK-ODH, staffed from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
- In Washington, call the Washington State Department of Health at (800) 525-0127 and press #, Monday – Friday (6 a.m. to 10 p.m.) and Saturday – Sunday (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.).